The following films and clips are in no particular order. Many of these links have become outdated, so if you find one that's no longer operable, a new internet search may find one that works.
Because the U.S. embargo does not allow Cuba the same copyright protections as other countries, some online Cuban movies may be uploaded without the owner's permission.
- Cuba Cine Online, compilation of many complete Cuban movies, many with subtitles. When this site was last checked, Chrome and Firefox displayed a security warning, but Explorer did not. Several websites that analyze security risks say it is safe. Many of the films that are unavailable as listed may be found on this site.
- Compilation of many complete Cuban movies, all in Spanish, no subtitles
Esther en Alguna Parte, 2013, dir. Gerardo Chijona, no subtitles
Se Vende, 2013, Jorge Perugorría, no subtitles (Unavailable at this site)
- 7 Days in Havana, 2012, 2 hours, 8 minutes, Spanish, no subtitles (see Cuba Cine Online at the beginning of this list)
- Jose Marti: El Ojo del Canario, 2010, 1 hour, 55 min, Spanish, English subtitles
- Un Paraiso bajo los Estrellas 1999, dir. Gerardo Chijona, 1 hour, 26 min, Spanish, no subtitles (Unavailable at this site)
- Soy Cuba 1964, 2 hours, 15 min; Spanish, English subtitles (Unavailable at this site)
- Guantanamera 1995, dir. Tomas Gutiérrez Alea, 1 hour, 37 min; Spanish, English subtitles, IMDB (Unavailable at this site)
- Fresa y Chocolate 1993, 1 hour, 43 min, Spanish, no subtitles
- Los Dioses Rotos 2008, 1 hour, 36 min, Spanish, English subtitles (Unavailable at this site)
- Plaff: 1989, dir. Juan Carlos Tabio 1 hour, 29 min, Spanish, no subtitles, NY Times review (Unavailable at this site)
- Nada 2003, dir. Juan Carlos Cremata, 1 hour, 33 min, Spanish, no subtitles (Unavailable at this site)
- Hasta Cierto Punto "Up to a point" 1983, dir. Tomas Gutiérrez Alea, 1 hour, 8 min; Spanish, no subtitles
- Y, Sin Embargo "And Yet" 2012, dir. Rudy Mora, 1 hour, 24 min; Spanish, English subtitles
- Habana Eva 2010, dir. Fina Torres, 1 hour, 41 min; Spanish, English subtitles
- Azúcar Amarga "Bitter Sugar" 1996, dir. Leon Ichaso, 1 hour, 41 minutes; Spanish, no subtitles
- Habanastation 2011, dir. Ian Padrón; 1 hour, 36 minutes, Spanish, no subtitles
- El Brigadista 1977, dir. Octavio Cortazar; 1 hour, 52 min., Spanish, no subtitles
- Hip Deep Angola 4: The Cuban Intervention in Angola (audio only; 1 hour) - History set to music
- Gay rights in Cuba March in support of gay rights (May 2011) (2 minutes)
- Cuba: the Next Revolution | Black in Latin America - PBS documentary by Henry Louis Gates
- Our World Today - local cable TV show on the Cuban Five (October 2010) (1 hour English)
- Las Razones de Cuba - Cuban dissidents under direction of U.S. (Spanish, English subtitles)
- The Trial: the Untold Story of the Cuban Five - documentary narrated by Danny Glover (52 min; circa 2009)
- Cuba: an Accidental Eden - PBS documentary
- Cuba: caminos de revolucion: Che Guevara, Donde Nunca Jamas se lo Imaginan (54 min.)
- Che Guevara, History Channel documentary (Spanish, 1 hr, 30 min.)
- Curious about Cuba: Great Museums of Havana
- Cuba's Africa Odyssey ($2.99 streaming video on Amazon; 2 minute free clip)
- Buena Vista Social Club - complete movie
- Fidel Castro in South Africa - 6 minute clip (English)
- US Diplomats Participating in Dissident March (December 11, 2009)
- Juanes concert in Havana - September 20, 2009
- Consuelo Elba Alvarez - director, Mujeres de la guerrilla
- The Power of Community; How Cuba Survived Peak Oil (53 min.)
- Primera Graduacion de ELAM - Graduation ceremonies from the first class at the Latin American School of Medicine (Spanish)
- Médicos cubanos en el Himalaya - documentary about 2005 Pakistan earthquake where a team of Cuban medical personnel was sent to help. Five parts on Youtube. (Spanish)
- Montaña de Luz - (Spanish) 2005 documentary follows Cuban doctors working in collaboration with communities throughout Latin America and Africa.The doctors work for no pay in areas of the world where there is either no medical care available or where the few local doctors are unable to meet the enormous need, in the case of the AIDS epidemic in Namibia and flood victims in Haiti.
- Fidel Castro - Undefeated - Silvio Rodriguez- Playa Giron
- Urban Food Growing in Havana, Cuba - BBC Documentary Clip
- Mission Against Terror - Documentary about the five Cubans being held in federal prison, serving four life sentences and 75 years collectively, after being wrongly convicted on June 8, 2001, in U.S. federal court in Miami.
- The Revolution will not be Televised - documentary about the short-lived 2002 coup against Hugo Chavez and Bolivarian revolution
- 638 Ways to Kill Castro - (English; 7 parts) BBC documentary based on a book by Fidel's bodyguard; the many ways the CIA and the U.S. government have tried to kill Fidel Castro
- Fidel - documentary by Estela Bravo - four parts on YouTube.
- Viva Cuba 2006 feature film (Spanish with English subtitles)
- Unfinished Spaces - 2011 documentary about Cuba's unfinished art schools (English)
- Memories of Underdevelopment - 1968 feature film by Tomás Gutiérrez Alea. 1 hour, 37 minutes; Spanish with English subtitles.
The Cuban Story (1959) (5 parts - find parts 2-5 in sidebar to video) Documentary by Victor Pahlen with Errol Flynn
- CIA Archives: Cuba - The Battle of America (1960) Part 1 (Part 2 will begin automatically)
- Fidel Castro Speaks to Harlem - 1995, 10 minutes (English)
- Pierre Salinger's JFK-Cuba cigar stories (3 minutes)
Ed Sullivan interviews Fidel (1959)
- Cuban Rebel Girls (1959), 68 minutes, Semi-documentary B-movie starring Erroll Flynn in his last film. Notable for its glamorization and support of the revolution.
Afro-Talk: Dr. Luther Castillo and Professor Ariel Reyes at Pillsbury House, March 19, 2012 Post-film discussion following In the Wrong Body at the Minnesota Cuban Film Festival, March 15, 2012 Post-film discussion following Nosotros, la Música and Alabbá at the Minnesota Cuban Film Festival, March 8, 2012. Our World Today - local cable TV show featuring author and attorney Michael Steven Smith with his book Who Killed Che? (September 2011) (1 hour English) (Unavailable at this site) Discussion of Race in Cuba by University of Minnesota Professor August Nimtz, April 4, 2013 (audio only), Courtesy Don Olson, Northern Sun News, KFAI